All users are REQUIRED to register - please see the link and the TERMS OF USE in the first Board of the Index.

This Board is fully searchable.

All posts are totally subject to review and control by the Administrator, and the Administrator's decision in all matters is final.

Other surname interests? See our same-format Caribbean Surname Index, Irish Surname Index and Scottish Surname Index

Canada Surname Index Forum Index
 RegisterRegister 

WARNING: reunion.com (now MyLife) is a SCAM...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canada Surname Index Forum Index ->  General Discussion

bimjim Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: WARNING: reunion.com (now MyLife) is a SCAM...

WARNING: reunion.com (now MyLife) is a SCAM...

Hi...

At this point it is 3 days after I made a confirmed payment of US$60 through PayPal to reunion.com for a year in the Premium Account. So far I still have no access to the resources, and my log-in still shows me as a FREE user.

I placed two questions (neither covered by the FAQ) with reunion.com through their support feature, and so far they responded to just one of them with a non-answer and declared the issue closed.

I have initiated a dispute with PayPal, and I am placing this here as a warning to others. I suggest you do not get involved financially with reunion.com because they may not deliver what they promise.

Their payment structure through PayPal is also a recurring one, so beware - next year on the anniversatry they will simply deduct another $60 from your account on the assumption that you know it is recurring (but that payment status is not obvious on signing up).

And the only place to change that recurring payment to on-time payment is in your account at reunion.com. If they don't show you as a paid-up member then you can't change that status.

I have also "broadcast" messages to every department email I can think of at reunion.com. This usually initiates some action at higher levels, but in 24 hours there has been nothing to indicate that anyone cares.

Avoid reunion.com like the plague. They will take your money and leave you fuming at a useless web site.

Jim.

--

Update...

After several cycles of protesting to reunion.com and receiving - on EVERY occasion - a refutation of my claims and that the "issue is now closed", I went to PayPal and initiated a Dispute against my payment.

PayPal investigated the issue and refunded my money out of reunion'com's account. I think that says it all.

Further, you may be interested to know that if you Google reunion.com and words such as scam, ripoff and others you will find literally THOUSANDS of such injustices being imposed on unsuspecting users who have lost their money.

And reunion.com has now changed their name to MyLife, so they have already started a new round of attacks on the public.

My recommendation? Have NOTHING to do with these thieves.

Jim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canada Surname Index Forum Index ->  General Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions